Forza Motorsport 7 continues to dominate the racing sim genre, and part of why is that Turn 10 continues to grow and maintain the game. A new patch just dropped for the title, and introduces a couple of small quality of life features, and plugs a few PC specific bugs.
The game now includes a Spectate mode and a Seed the Grid feature on both platforms, which allow players to view online public and private races without needing to participate themselves, and giving lobby hosts the option to set their own race grid.
On the PC side, several bugs were squashed such as text to speech chat affecting multiplayer gameplay, and a buggy Dynamic Render Quality, which would unlock itself depending on other settings without telling the player. There was also a problem where the game wouldn’t show players information on the next race in the player’s campaign, which is now fixed. You can check out some of the notes below or see the full patch notes right here.
Forza Motorsport 7 February 2018 Release Notes
• Automatically received DLC cars will now reflect Car Collector Tier progress.
• Fixed an issue where the driver’s current car color changes to gray after driving a rental car then quitting out of Test Drive from Free Play.
• Fixed issues with Specialty Dealer where players would lose credits if trying to purchase Specialty Dealer vehicles while disconnected from their network.
• Message Center tabs now indicate which categories have unread messages.
• Fixed an issue where VIP crown was not showing up for certain VIP players.
• When langue is set to UK English, all in-game dates will now use UK English formatting.
• Restarting a Free Play or Forza Driver Cup race will no longer cause the player list to be empty.
• Auction House players who attempt to buy a DLC car that does not have a corresponding marketplace offer will now see the message, “This is exclusive content and not available at this time.”
• Fixed an issue where Drivatar opponents would drive off into sand trap at Catalunya National Circuit on Unbeatable difficulty.
• Fixed an issue where Drivatars in P Class tend to drive off track after chicanes on Unbeatable difficulty.
• Fixed an issue where Drivatars in P Class tend to slow down significantly at Turn 1.
• Fixed an issue where some players could not see the full list of currently active #Forzathon events in the game.
• Fixed an issue where players could not load some older saved replays.
• Driver’s hands no longer clip through the steering wheel in the 1992 Lancia Delta HF Integrale EVO.
• Fixed Forzavista implode/explode animations for a number of cars including 1956 Ford F-100, 1975 Fiat X1/9, and others.
• Fixed an issue with the Dodge Ram Forza Edition, where entering a Rivals event with vehicle in Homologated state then installing stock parts would cause the game to crash.
• Fixed an issue on 1968 Holden Monaro GTS where mud flaps were causing unrealistic behavior when the car was lowered.
• Added new manufacturer colors for the 2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo.
• Removed steering wheel from “wheel-less cockpit view” for 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.